Update from the Commodore 27/03/2020
Published 16:30 on 27 Mar 2020
Hi everyone, me again.
I do hope you and your families remain well after this unprecedented week. If any of you are suffering then I'm sure club members will be thinking of our colleagues in this situation.
Just to bring you up to date since last week, we have formed a Business Continuity Group consisting of the Directors, Flag Officers, Secretary and Club Treasurer and our Steward. The purpose of the group is to ensure we have proper oversight of security and finances over this period. The other members of the Management Committee will be involved on an as required basis but they will be kept up to date and will continue to represent their own activities I.e cadets, training, yachts, dinghies and social.
We are exploring every avenue to reduce outgoings and our major brewery has agreed to take back unopened stock which is a great help. We also agreed that confectionary with a short date on it will go to the local food bank. We are also doing some sensitivity calculations about the worst case scenario a and the potential impact first on our current account and then on reserves. We are also exploring the various options offered by government such as local authority grants and the Job Retention scheme so that we could continue to support our zero hours bar staff. As mentioned in my last posting, Neville remains firmly at work!
The BCG will meet weekly on a Wednesday or at any time if a critical situation arises.
Yacht lift in is postponed but we will revisit this if the restrictions ease and hopefully may be some worthwhile season left!
So, please stay safe, keep in touch and do let us know if you have any questions or problems. It is very much your club management's intention that we will still be here next year!
Have a good weekend
Last updated 16:30 on 27 March 2020